Photovoltaic curtain wall is a new type of building curtain wall technology combining traditional curtain wall and photovoltaic effect. It is a new green energy technology that mainly uses solar energy to generate electricity. Photovoltaic systems are divided into two types: grid-connected systems and off-grid systems. Their main features are as follows:
1. The photovoltaic curtain wall can not only supply the building's own electricity, but the generated electricity can also be integrated into the power grid to save the building's energy consumption;
2. Energy sources are abundant. Photovoltaic system converts solar energy into electricity, which is rich in solar energy resources;
3. Application forms are diverse. Photovoltaic modules can be applied to various types of curtain wall forms （including point, frame, unit, double layer）, roofs and sun visors, etc .;
4. The photovoltaic system is integrated with the building structure, which saves extra space for placing battery modules separately, and also eliminates the support structure provided for photovoltaic equipment;
5. Photovoltaic modules applied to the facade can play a shading effect, avoid excessive indoor temperature and reduce air conditioning load.
6. Photovoltaic curtain wall is used in lighting roof or roof, which can use solar energy more effectively.